Thanksgiving: municipal closures and service changes
October 4, 2023
Learn how the Monday, Oct. 9 Thanksgiving holiday impacts services, programs and facility hours for the City of Kingston, Utilities Kingston and other community organizations:
- Garbage, green bin and recycling: There is no collection on Oct. 9. Collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, push notification, or email – or get the FREE “Kingston Waste” app on your Apple or Android device.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed on Monday.
- Kingston Transit: All buses will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday, except for Route 18, which will operate on its regular weekday schedule. Routes 17 and 20 will not operate during Queen's Reading Week.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service on Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for schedules and more information.
- Administrative Offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the west and east ends can call 1-800-434-1235. Enbridge customers can call 1-866-763-5427. A reminder that consumers on time-of-use electricity pricing: for electricity used on weekends and holidays – like Thanksgiving Day, Oct. 9 – prices are off-peak.
- Recreation Facilities:
- INVISTA Centre/Arenas: Closed
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Closed
- Rideau Heights Community Centre: Closed
- Kingston East Community Centre: Closed
- Culligan Water Park: Closed
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library: Closed. Services and digital collections can be accessed online. Don’t have a library card? Register online.
- Confederation Basin and Portsmouth Olympic Harbour marinas: The Confederation Basin marina office is closed. The fueling stations are open at Portsmouth Olympic Harbour, but the office will be closed on Monday.
- Kingston Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed on Monday.
- PumpHouse Museum: Closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- City Hall: Market Wing Cultural Space closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Tett Centre for Creativity and Learning: Closed Monday.