CFRC is Always Welcoming New Volunteers!
Become a Member
CFRC is a membership-driven organization!
All those who pay an annual membership fee gain access to a wealth of training opportunities in community radio; to develop, broadcast, and podcast on CFRC platforms, to participate in CFRC's campus-community events, and to participate in the station’s governance!
CFRC membership is open to all and costs just $12 per year for community members. Undergraduate (AMS) and Graduate/Professional (SGPS) student members at Queen's University are encouraged to pay their optional CFRC student fee when it is levied at the beginning of their academic year. Student volunteers must verify their fee is paid, otherwise their fee is $12.
All Volunteers must also be Members. Membership fees are due at your first orientation session and are levied once per year thereafter. Pay here!
Volunteer Roles Include but are Not Limited to:
- Live and prerecorded music and spoken word programming
- Podcast production and recording
- DJing special events
- Content research and production
- News content development
- Commuity events calendar development
- Creative audio production
- Music library support
- Coordinating and conducting in studio and on location interviews
- Remote and sports Broadcasting
- Promotions, marketing and outreach
- Social event planning
- Tech and IT
- Board and committee participation
- Marketing, outreach, networking and fundraising